Join now

Ski Weekend in St. Anton, Austria 27.2.-3.3.2014 (London)

Hello,

In case you are interested in going skiing over Carnival, am organizing a group (currently 6) that will ski from Feb. Protected content 27 evening) until Monday, Mar. 3, Protected content . Lodging has already been reserved for the 6 confirmed. We are all staying at Hotel Basur ( Protected content ) in Flirsch (taking ski bus and taxis, when needed), but there are also rooms available at Tirolerhof (see details below).

The group has already booked flights to Zurich from different origins (although you can also drive down). We are arriving Feb. 27 in the late afternoon, early evening to board the train leaving 20:20 ( Protected content ) from Zurich airport to Central Station to catch the 20:40 train to St. Anton. It is advisable you arrive 1 hour early in case of unexpected flight delays. Train tickets can be bought online. Mar. 3, Protected content taking train leaving from St. Anton to Zurich central station at 16:53 arriving at central station 19:20 and 19:38 at Zurich Airport.

Once you have booked your plane ticket make sure you also find a place to stay. I have provided a number of recommendations above. For a single person it will probably be easier to find something if you are flexible. Most of the day you'll be out so not much use to stay at a fancy hotel. During the day, and depending on whether you take ski lessons or not, we can meet on the slope and ski together (unless there is a huge difference in skills or some prefer technically more challenging slopes), or meet for lunch and the apres ski/dinner. St. Anton is one of the most famous ski resorts in Austria, offering great slopes and apres ski:)

We are renting all the equipment at Intersport (but feel to bring your own or rent elsewhere), incl. locker for equipment & boots. Unless your accomodation is close to an Intersport store, I would rent it somewhere in the center: Protected content , ideally "Main store - St. Anton Zentrum Dorfstrasse 1" or "Next Bergschlössl - at Gampen/Galzigbahn". This allows you to fully ski the last day without having to go back to the hotel. By booking online, you'll benefit from a number of discounts on your entire rental.

Hotel Tirolerhof
Landauerweg 3
A- Protected content a/A
Tel Protected content - Protected content
e-mail: Protected content
internet: Protected content

Some tipps regarding lodging, if Tirolerhof and Hotel Basur are occupied, then try searching on the official homepage of St. Anton am Arlberg ( Protected content ). In the top left corner you choose your language (flags) and also determine your stay (dates), number of people and rooms. Alternatively, see if Hotel Basur has some rooms available: Protected content or email the Tourism Board of St. Anton:

TVB St. Anton am Arlberg
Tel.: Protected content
Fax: Protected content
Protected content
Protected content

For more info, pls send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE (I'm just a basic subscriber and have used up my monthly contingent) with your EMAIL ADDRESS and I'll add you to the mailing list. Keep me posted on your trip.

Best,
Martin

London Forum

Our Global Partners