Treasurer - Inspired By People (London)
Inspired By People is a UK registered charity that started a year ago with the aim to support the most vulnerable people in developing countries. We support existing projects by linking to local NGOs. In the UK we organise events and activities to raise awareness and funds.
100% of the money we raise goes directly to our overseas projects.
We are looking for a treasurer to support us in the further development of this young but ambitious charity.
• Updating the Board of Trustees on the financial position of the Charity on a monthly basis.
• Developing and ensuring the application of appropriate financial policies, systems and controls to ensure the Charity’s compliance with financial legislation, budgets and good financial management
• Liaising with the Charity's book keeper in order to prepare management accounts with a view to presenting the figures to the Board of Trustees.
• Ensuring that the financial accounts are properly audited (or independently examined) in accordance with Charity Commission requirements
• liaising with the external auditor/independent examiner once a year to prepare annual accounts, and working with the Chair to prepare and submit accounts and report to the Charities Commission.
• Monitoring the Charity’s financial operations to ensure consistency with its strategies, policies, aims, objectives and legal responsibilities.
• Ensuring that the Charity’s equipment and assets are adequately maintained and insured.
• Overseeing the development of the Board’s financial skills and expertise.
• Liaise with Managing Director and Fundraising team on development of campaigns.
Financial qualifications or experience:
· Protected content to devote the necessary time and effort.
· Protected content and accepting the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
· Protected content judgement.
If you are interested in the position please contact me directly on Protected content with a covering letter and your CV.