Join now

trying to give feedback on website (London)

I tried to point out to the website team that it's not ideal to get sent an email for every single photo that someone uploads, especially as most people upload Protected content . Has anyone else noticed this? What's weird is the support team apparently doesn't think it's a problem. They told me to quit the group to "solve" the problem!

Here is our conversation:
Hi

The answer below leads me to believe you’ve missed the point. I will explain why in the hope that you at least register my point as a bug in your issue tracking system.

If I ask how to stop getting tons of notifications from a group for uploaded photos, it doesn’t mean I want to quit the group. I joined the group because it provides interesting information to me. It is a defect in the design that a notification email is sent for every single image uploaded. Suggesting I leave the group amounts to throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Have you ever used Facebook? Or any of the myriad of social networking websites? None of them send notifications for each image uploaded. I am trying to advise you how to make your application more user friendly.

The key term here is “coalesce” - you need to coalesce all uploaded images into a single “event” notification. Here is an example:“Joe Bloggs uploaded 23 photos”.

Do you get what I’m trying to express?

If not please forward this email to either your technical team or the product owner.

On 8 Jul Protected content , at 4:12 p.m., InterNations Support < Protected content wrote:

Dear Demian,

Thank you for your question.

You can easily turn off the notifications for a specific Activity Group by following the instructions below:

1. Please click on the Activity Group that you would no longer like to receive notifications for.
2. On the left hand side of the page you will see a toolbar. At the bottom of the toolbar is a section for Settings. There you will find the following: Wall notifications are on (Disable).
3. By clicking Disable, you will remove yourself from the wall notifications.

For your information: We do not yet offer the option to opt out of receiving invitations to Activities. If you would no longer like to receive these invitations, then we encourage you to remove yourself from the respective groups.

London Forum

Our Global Partners