Join now
Log in Join

Visa for non-EU family of EU national (London)


Hi guys

I'm looking for a visa genius or someone who has been through this process and who would be able to advise me...

I have sifted through the vast amount of info on the UK Home Office site and still cannot find a conclusive route to applying for a visa.

My fiance is a Dutch national and I am South African. He is being relocated to London for work so I will be joining him.

Do I apply as a non-EU family member of an EEA national?

Do we have tp be married first or just able to show we are in a "durable relationship" - some parts of the home office sight specify a "wife" but others specify a "durable relationship"

Can I work on this type of visa?

Is the visa valid for 5 years? After this do I apply for naturalisation? (So many different things mentioned, indefinite leave to remain, permanent residence etc etc - are these all different?)

If I was on this type of visa would I be ble to travel into the Schengen area without applying for an additional visa?

Thanks for the help!!!


Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

London Forum