VP Legal Counsel in Middle East (London)
Anyone interested in this role?
One of the leading Real Estate Development companies in the region, this company has been established for over 15 years. They are a publicly listed firm, headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with branches and projects throughout.
This organisation wishes to recruit a VP Legal Counsel to be based in their Head Office in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The position reports directly to the CEO/Board of Directors and is in essence an advisory role. The VP Legal Counsel will provide legal advice and counsel to the CEO, Chairman of the Board, Board and senior officers on a range of legal issues and manage all legal matters including: commercial transactions, contracts and agreements. The individual will also head the existing legal team and review all due-diligence materials; employment; mergers and acquisitions projects; credit and finance projects. Other duties include directing and managing litigation counsel, participating in leadership teams, and managing
and budgeting external counsel fees.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to successfully operate within a high profile, marketleading organisation. The ideal candidate is expected to possess the following:
- Legal qualification (minimum requirement: LLB).
- Protected content of progressive international legal experience
- Strong corporate in-house and international experience
- Experience operating in a corporate environment, preferably Real Estate or Property development
- Hands on experience of legal issues surrounding the construction and property industries
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including external attorneys, C-suite executives, senior managers and business associates
- Strong commercial acumen with the capacity to operate strategically