Join now

Employment Authorization Document. (Los Angeles)

Hey guys,

I'm an Aussie Carpenter/Construction Management student moving to LA early Protected content my wife Sam has been lucky enough to be offered a position with her company in the USA. I will be attached to her E-3 visa and means I will be eligible for employment for the time we are there.
My first question is for any Aussies who have gone to the US on their spouse E-3 visa. Does the required Employment Authorization Document always take the full 90 days to be processed and is there a way in which it can be fast tracked and approved earlier? Being a carpenter on a fast paced job site all day and also studying at night I am always crazy busy and not working for 90 days would, for me be HELL!!!! (for some this might be a great holiday).
My second question is just a general one on how the construction industry is in LA. Is there always allot happening? Lots of work on? I have heaps of experience in new home builds and renovation work but as i'm studying construction management as well I'll most defiantly be trying to hunt down jobs in this field and the plan is to get off the tools and run some big jobs.
Any info anyone has in regards to these questions would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.