Join now

Film Seminar: Budgeting & Scheduling Indie Films (Los Angeles)

INDIE FILM SEMINARS
Presents

BUDGETING & SCHEDULING INDEPENDENT FILMS
DEMYSTIFYING THE PROCESS

Learn the nuts & bolts of day-to-day production
including tip and tricks to keep your production on-budget (or under!)

with
INDIE FILM LINE PRODUCER/ DGA UPM
MICHAEL TARZIAN
over 15 years experience on numerous independent film projects!

WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS:

Visual FX Supervisor
GREG LIEGEY
(Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, I Am Legend, Watchmen, etc.)
Greg will personally advise you how to budget and plan visual effects!

Stunt Coordinator
TONY SNEGOFF
(24, Batman Forever, Malcolm in the Middle, Lethal Weapon 4, etc.)
Tony will be coming to personally advise you how to plan for stunts!

TWO CLASS DATES TO CHOOSE FROM:

SATURDAY & SUNDAY
9am - 3pm
on either
August 29th & 30th, Protected content
OR
September 19th & 20th, Protected content

For producers, line producers, UPMs, directors, writers, actors, department heads, and EVERYONE who wants to learn about how to budget and schedule an indie feature film!

"I just finished my 5th feature film with Michael Tarzian and he is a line-producer extraordinaire! He's a real professional with phenomenal negotiating and communication skills. Michael has a vast network of keys, crew and vendors, and he'll save you tens of thousands of dollars on your budget. From the moment you start soft prep there is no one better to have in your corner."
Protected content LYONS, Film Producer & Author “Indie Film Producing: The Craft of Low Budget Filmmaking”

In this two-day intensive workshop for HIGHLY-MOTIVATED FILMMAKERS, you'll:

* Understand how to read and navigate a budget from the top sheet to detail page.
* Break down a film script
* Input the elements into a breakdown sheet
* Create a strip-board shooting schedule (which you will need to create an accurate budget)
* How to set up budget accounts
* Determine how much money you will need in each category
* Learn how to account for the elements and labor needed to complete your film
* How to deal with being "flipped" by the unions
* How much the guilds/unions charge
* How much insurance you’ll need
* What rates to pay crew?
* Tricks on saving money
Protected content MORE!

PLUS:
PRODUCERS - You will be able to explain how the investor’s money will be spent
LINE PRODUCERS/UPMs - Learn how to setup a budget and track expenses
DIRECTORS - This workshop will help you understand how to spend the money as creatively as possible to get your vision on screen
WRITERS - You will understand how to write a budget friendly script that will help fast track it into production
ACTORS - Learn how to plan and budget your own film to star in.
DEPARTMENT HEADS - This workshop will help you understand how to create a budget for your department.
Protected content much more!

Get your projects advanced and see return profits! All it requires is education. The time is NOW to make your movie!

TO REGISTER:
Protected content

For questions or more information, please email:
Protected content

"Mike Tarzian pulled off the impossible when I hired him to be the Line Producer on my indie feature TIME TOYS. Never do a movie with kids and dogs? We didn't have any dogs, but we had stunts, a car chase, tons of visual effects, numerous locations, extensive production design, special fabricated props, on set special effects, a big cast, and oh, did I mention four kids in every scene and only 18 days to shoot the movie? Mike pulls rabbits out of hats, films the rabbits, then sells them on Ebay! He's one of the best producers around."
Protected content ROSMAN, Director, A Cinderella Story, The Perfect Man, Lizzie McGuire

I couldn't imagine having made my film without Mike Tarzian line-producing it. From Day 1 until "that's a wrap", his vast knowledge and superior organizational skills were on full display. Whether it was budgeting, getting the best deals, hiring staff, contracts, etc., Mike's work ethic was solid, and he made it look effortless. The gift he gave me was the freedom to focus solely on directing, confident that he had my back on just about everything else. Plus, he's one of the nicest guys in the business!
Protected content FIELDS, Director, "One-Eyed Monster"

“Mike and I worked on several projects across a period of 10 years. His skills of budgeting and project management always exceeded my expectations. By working with him, you will get high-quality production values within assigned budgets and schedules."
Protected content Takiishi, Producer/Director, Nice Day LA, Inc.

REGISTER NOW:
Protected content

Los Angeles Forum

Our Global Partners