Join now

Ideas for TV shows? Digital Content? (Los Angeles)

I am hyper-aware of the ominous gap between a great ground-breaking development idea and getting that creation greenlit.

So I want to give you a heads up: Armoza Formats (part of ITV Studios) is a leading creative company in the international TV industry—and specialize in worldwide formats. They've just launched Formagination, their annual unscripted pitch competition (the tenth!)

The competition is being hosted at Realscreen West in June, where the finalists will get to pitch in front of top industry executives and compete for the grand prize of up to $25,000.

** It’s completely free to submit**

Jump on this link, and take a look,
Protected content

I know the timeline is short, but if you let me know you're going to submit, I can get a week extension for you, extended to March 20

---------------------------- Protected content
So if you want to give your idea a real shot at being produced, bought, and aired here are some suggestions:

Brief-wise, this is what they want: · Protected content
Genre: non-scripted format (no scripted formats or children's programming will be accepted, cross genre elements are possible)· Protected content
‘Game-changing’ Concepts – fresh and creative ideas that create a buzz and stand out, no matter the genre or the type of show it is.· Protected content
Unique Format Elements – what are the distinct elements that make up the DNA of your concept?
Make sure to highlight what sets it apart from other formats—whether it’s the studio, mechanics, set, gameplay, or visual elements.· Protected content
Repeatability and adaptability – a truly successful format can sustain multiple seasons across different countries.

They are leaning toward formats as opposed to access based, specific character docu-series.
Formats that can inject repeatable elements across the globe and platforms.Works in progress are ok.

Simply submit a paper pitch.The judges are not looking, needing, nor expecting fancily edited sizzles, or pitch decks. But if you have 'em all neatly packaged already then great, send 'em in.

**If you or your production company is under an umbrella distribution deal, or any part of ITV, then your project can not be considered for this competition.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to your pitch being polished, produced and greenlit...this is a great gateway to get there!

As always,
Marie

Protected content

Los Angeles Forum

Our Global Partners