Manager, On-Air and Online Promotions (Los Angeles)
KCRW 89.9FM, licensed to Santa Monica College, is National Public Radio's flagship station for Southern California. The Santa Monica-based nonprofit represents cutting edge radio at its best, presenting an eclectic mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming.
Manager, On-Air and Online Promotions
KCRW 89.9FM, licensed to Santa Monica College, is National Public Radio's Southern California flagship station. The Santa Monica-based nonprofit is a unique public radio service, presenting an amazing mix of independent music, news, talk and arts programming. The station serves seven Southland counties as well as listeners around the world via the web and mobile devices.
KCRW is looking for a talented Promotions Manager to join our team. Since on-air promotion is actually heard more than any single show, it has a significant effect on how the station is perceived in the community. This is a job for people with both left and right brain skills!
Responsibilities / Duties
The Promotions Manager is responsible for all on-air promotion. The position requires excellent creative, organizational, strategic and interpersonal skills.
This is a key position, working with all areas of KCRW’s operations to drive awareness and audience for the station’s programs, digital properties (blogs, apps, website), events and fundraising. While on-air spot creation is the primary focus of this job, marketing also plays a part.
This person will:
· Protected content creative promotional radio campaigns and work with producers to implement them
· Protected content copy and oversee production of all on-air promotion
· Protected content as scheduler and quality control for all KCRW promotion (on-air & online)
· Protected content and implement promotional strategies.
· Protected content measurement tools (PPM, web traffic, event sales) to evaluate the success of spots and
· Protected content scheduling software in order to implement and report on promotional efforts
· Protected content limited personnel and station airtime to place emphasis on the most important goals
Promotions background and experience in public broadcasting is preferable. Excellent writing skills are essential.
· Protected content creative, organizational, strategic and interpersonal skills
· Protected content creative writing skills are a MUST
· Protected content in marketing, promotion or advertising strategies strongly preferred
· Protected content a must
· Protected content of writing for radio and radio promotion is a plus
· Protected content in public media a major plus
· Protected content of on-line promotion and social networking is also a plus
· Protected content be self-motivated and able to work under tight deadlines
This position reports directly to KCRW’s Program Directors. KCRW is located on the campus of Santa Monica College.
Commensurate w/ experience. Includes vacation, holidays and medical benefits.
Send cover letter, resume, writing samples and production examples to: Protected content
All applications must be received by October 31st, Protected content .
KCRW Protected content Boulevard Santa Monica, CA Protected content