Join now

Nervous for move to Luanda

Hello
We may be relocating to Luanda for my husbands work..we have lived in South Africa, USA and currently Paris.... I have to admit that I have moments of complete doubt about moving to Luanda... Especially since WE are making this choice for our family with two young (6 and 8) children..please excuse me but i need some peace of mind....please will you be so kind as to answer my tons :-0 of questions?
1. Are there safety issues outside of the compounds?
2. I understand the medical is not very good..what is the procedure for instance when surgery is needed or there's been a serious accident? Fly to South Africa?
3. How bored do us wives get?
4. Do the kids understand the living arrangements in terms of living behind a compound wall?
5. Were you all nervous and a little (a lot) anxious at the time of realizing you were going to move to Luanda?
6. Does the international school in Luanda Sud have good academic standards?
7. I understand that food is astronomically expensive....How much does food roughly cost for a family of four per month?
8. What do weekend activities consist of? Do most people leave on weekends to go to for example the beach or is that more of a monthly activity?

Thank you so much for your time...I appreciate it
Best
Ilse

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Luanda Forum