Tips - Improve visibility of blog & drive traffic (Lucerne)
Tips for improving visibility of your blog and driving traffic
Protected content Mathur
The content , quality of writing and relevance (or irrelevance ) of the subject of your blog to the target audience/reader base tends to define how popular your blog could be.
As blogs are hosted on digital media and a very high % population of users of this media are youngsters, subjects appealing to youngsters (moral or immoral, ethical or unethical, real or unreal or of any other type that seems exciting to them) are likely to become instant hits.
For the more mature audience/readers, your blog subjects/topics , content, style of presentation and ease of searching make or break the case for you.
There could be numerous ways to increase visibility of your blog. There could be several strategies to ensure that your blog becomes the hottest thing on the net. However, from a conservative perspective and for 'non-fad' subjects some options that come for free and are quite handy are :
1. Register your blog on google and other search engines with carefully chosen relevant key words/tags attached
2. Share link of your blog on your linkedin,facebook,other social network sites
3. Send direct invitation to people you know,who may like and appreciate your work
4. Share your blog on groups - linkedin,yahoo,google groups etc that may be around similar theme or context
5. Google up and visit blogs of writers writing on similar subjects; share your honest comments and appreciation and invite them to visit your blog.Also seek their comments, suggestions and inputs
6. Read through linkedIn posts of writers on subjects that interest you and if linkedin group rules permit share your honest comments/views along with links to your blog page.
7. If any of your friends writes editorials / articles / view points for online or offline media, you could seek their help for insertion of
reference to your blog in some of their suitable media write ups.
This is a straight forward strategy. The more people are redirected to your blog and the more people tend to search your blog on google or other search engines, the higher its indexing would be ( without paying a penny to any SEO company) and soon your blog would start appearing on first page of search results.
Also, if your blog is hosted on a popular domain and linked to some social cause , either through its title, content of posts, your own profile or through discussions and comments (yes this happens ..sometimes discussions and comments tend to take a tangential direction...) , your blog would automatically become searchable.
Another strategy is the more overt one , involving utilization of paid media and service offerings. There could be paid options for advertising your blog on social media and even on online / offline media.
I too write a blog which can be seen here: Protected content
I would be very happy to receive comments, suggestions , views or criticism of my posts.