Join now

Translator gourmets GB/US, DE, NL, IT, ES, CN (Luxembourg)

Dear expats living in Luxembourg,

I have started a project around foodservice market and I am in search of some correspondents able to translate specialized vocabulary, definitions or sentences into their native language.

At the moment, I'm looking for natives from UK / US, Germany, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain and China.

If you are from one of these countries, fluent in French or English, have a particular interest for gastronomy, are a foodie, a cook or even a chef (!), then you might be the suitable translator partner I am looking for.
You should have an extensive knowledge of food and cooking vocabulary and expressions, (preferabily in French), some (even small) experience in translation, should be precise, give great attention to details and have excellent written communication skills in your mother language, especially without spelling mistake.

The tasks you will be assigned to consist in translating short sentences, expressions or names from French or English into your mother tongue as well as proof-reading some already translated documents. Consideration of the context is essential. The workload is quite light and also irregular (count maximum 1 hour per week)

The project will soon enter in its tests phase, and as for any start-up do not expect to make big money with it. It's rather a matter of passion and interest for gastronomy and language skills put together, as well as being part of a multicultural project.

So, if you feel your taste buds are in turmoil, if you have taste for words and food, and if you can give a little of your time to translate into your mother tongue, lets get in touch with me!

Alain Mabilon
Protected content

Luxembourg Forum