Join now

avocat ou notaire ? (Lyon)

My lawyer in Canada requires that I have a lawyer in France to enter into an agreement with them to verify on their behalf my identification for some documents
« The other lawyer will have to witness and notarize identification documents. The lawyer must be properly licensed, insured, and in active practice. We must be able to verify this with the professional body that regulates lawyers in your country or jurisdiction. “
Is it a lawyer or un notaire that I require here? I looked up on the internet the difference between avocat and un notaire and it seems like the tasks are that of a notaire. ? And can somebody recommend such a person who understand English well to do this?
Thank you for your help.

Lyon Forum