European Membership Manager (Madrid)
Position: European Membership Manager
Company: Merchant Risk Council (MRC)
Location: Madrid, Spain
Supervisor: EU Managing Director
Travel: Yes, Protected content % or two to five days of international travel per month
Salary/compensation: Commensurate with experience
The MRC is currently looking to fill the position of European Membership Manager for its Madrid office. This position reports directly to the EU Managing Director and focuses on market research, membership retention and membership growth.
- The MRC is the foremost global organization that fully supports and promotes operational excellence for fraud, security, risk and payment professionals within eCommerce.
- Each year, the MRC hosts elite conferences in Europe and America with industry leading keynote speakers, more than Protected content and vendor presenters and Protected content discussions. MRC also produces more than 75 educational webinars annually, promoting networking and year round professional development.
- Delivering bottom-line business value, MRC members report 45% less revenue loss due to fraud than non-members, experience more than 50% less manual reviews and boast 50% less fraud related chargebacks. **Source: CyberSource/MRC Protected content Survey
- MRC’s membership includes more than Protected content the world’s most prominent merchants and nearly 60 category leading solution providers. Of that global membership, Protected content represent the largest brands found online with revenues measured in billions of dollars.
- Market Research: Performs industry research for the purpose of developing new membership recruitment channels and new prospecting groups; ensures that quality leads are being pursued.
- Membership Recruitment: Creates and implements actionable plans to recruit new members; provides direct communications with prospects through telephone, email and other communication vehicles; develops appropriate messages and collateral to achieve in-market penetration and new member acquisition
- Membership Retention: Implements full life cycle retention plans; develops process formembership package upgrades and directly communicates with key agency contacts to achieve targeted package conversions
- Conference Logistics: Manages MRC European conference registration and assists onsite at all European conferences and road shows; coordinates logistics for MRC European conferences with event planner; organizes MRC European road shows once per month
- Administration: Coordinates European Advisory Board administrative management including scheduling of meetings, preparation and distribution of meeting packs, taking of minutes and acts as a point of contact for board members; manages relationships with MRC European conference sponsors.
• Native English speaker with superior verbal and written communication
• Customer/client service oriented and empathetic to the needs of senior representatives from leading eCommerce brands
• Metrics driven with the ability to measure progress and identify prospects and convert to members within a set period of time
• Excellent organizational and office management skills
• Knowledge of professional business etiquette, cross-cultural communication, general office management operations and demonstrated technical skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook needed.
No specific knowledge of the eCommerce industry is needed
*The MRC is unable to provide VISA sponsorship and/or work authorization. All applicants must have the legal right to work in the EU without specific limitations. Valid passport is required.
Applications should be sent to Mr.Nicolas Vedrenne at Protected content