Join now

Looking for work or volunteering in health/science (Madrid)

Hi all!

I just joined this site and am still figuring out how to navigate it, but in the meantime I figured I'd introduce myself and see if anyone can help me find what I joined this site to find!

I just graduated from university back home in California with a degree in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. I'm moving to Madrid in a couple weeks to teach English, but I would love to stay involved in the science/healthcare community. I don't speak Spanish fluently just yet (although I'm relatively proficient, and am a fast learner) but am hoping to find either a volunteer or paid position doing anything from helping out at a health clinic to working in a lab to shadowing or getting to know some local Doctors/PhDs who might be able to help me find something.

I have both research and clinical experience from back in the States (with a resume and obtainable rec. letters if need be!) that I'm hoping will help me find something, but I'm just not exactly sure where to start. Please let me know if you know of anything or anyone I could contact to get my leg in the door.

Thanks much!