Join now

Smartphone Scavenger Hunt (Sunday, 21 Oct. 4-7pm) (Madrid)

Hola Internation-als! Please JOIN me and my friends for this scavenger hunt organised by my friends' start-up companies!:

INFORMATION
What do you get when you combine the mystery of “The Da Vinci Code”, the competition of “The Amazing Race”, and the fun of “Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?” into one smartphone app and group activity?

Join me and my friends for this first-of-its-kind "Smartphone Scavenger Hunt" and find out! An up-and-coming mobile game company is organising an urban adventure that will get you on your feet – while still allowing you to interact with a device that very few of us can live without! The night before the scavenger hunt, we tell you what SMARTPHONE APP to download for FREE, you show up at our secret location in central Madrid and then you’re off on a two-hour scavenger hunt that will have you:

- Interact with virtual characters, including prominent figures from Spanish history,
- Physically follow a storyline,
- Learn historical facts,
- Solve riddles and
- View some of Madrid’s famous sites from an entirely different perspective!

Here's a preview of what to expect on YouTube: Protected content

The scavenger hunt ends in the same place: A relaxing meeting point where everyone can chill out and hang out! FIRST TEN people who finish the race will receive FREE drinks care of the mobile game app developer! We will also have FREE give-aways for those who complete quirky challenges and a GRAND PRIZE of a free segway tour, canyoning or a day hike expedition (a €75 value)!

WHEN: Sunday afternoon, 21 October Protected content 4-7pm

WHERE: The evening before the scavenger hunt, we will email you the meeting point, which will be in central Madrid.

TO-DO: The evening before the scavenger hunt, download the required app (we will email this to you) and charge your smartphones (Android or iPhone). Take note of the meeting point, which we will email you the evening before the scavenger hunt. Wear a comfortable pair of walking or running shoes.

SIGN-UP on the official sign-up page on TT: Protected content

It’s FREE for Internations members, so to join just hit “Join this Activity”, then type the promo code “INATIONS” and hit “Join”!

All you Sherlock Holmes and Nancy Drews, Get ready for a fun and intriguing Madrid experience like no other!

FAQs:
Q: Can I form a team?
A: While we will encourage everyone to download the free app, you may compete as a team or work individually. It’s up to you! :-)

Q: Will it be physically challenging?
A: Challenge will be at a low-to-moderate level.

Madrid Forum

Our Global Partners