Join now

Best areas in Malaga for a young family of 4 (Málaga)

Views

Greetings from Ireland,

I am planning to move to Málaga with my wife and 2 children, one is Autistic and needs a special school, this is why I am asking for the best neighbourhoods to live in the Málaga City area.

We are not interested in living in the city centre but in the suburbs, we don't mind to go as far as the motorway (MA-20, A7), areas like Ciudad Jardín. As long as it is within the confines of the city as such in terms of Public transport and ease of access relatively quick to the city centre and the beach. The reason being is that my son would need to go into a special school, so places like Fuengirola, Mijas, Torremolinos, etc are not suitable for us because Málaga City has more choices when it comes to my Autistic son and is more quiet for a family.

I know there are bad neighbourhoods, I just want to know their names to avoid them, and I'd like to know the names of the ones with the best public transport and reasonable rent prices. I would try to go for a house first if we can afford it as we already live in a house in Ireland and my youngest son needs some space, but we can settle for a flat if needed, we need something with at least 4 bedrooms as my youngest son needs his own sensory bedroom and I need a home office to work.

I don't know if I am able to afford a good neighbourhood for a 4+ bedroom house/flat for less than €1200.

In relation to finding a Job, I will be posting a different thread for my wife, as she doesn't speak Spanish, but she understands it, and most likely, she will eventually learn it, she is a carer and would be looking to work part time as she needs time to care for our children, I'd like to know how hard is for an expat to find part time work in Málaga. I speak Spanish perfectly, even tough I am technically Irish after living in Ireland for 20 years, Spanish is my mother tongue.

Málaga Forum

Our Global Partners