Import Manager fruit & vegetables
Reports to: Protected content Weyers Group Number of Direct Reports: 0
Location: Protected content – Venlo Education: Bachelor Degree
Experience: Protected content Contract: full time
The Weyers Group
Since Protected content the family business ‘Erzeugergroßmarkt Weyers GmbH’ successfully acting in the fruit & vegetables market. Weyers is selling the production of different growers to European retail chains. In Protected content the firma moved to the Venlo area, a green logistic crossing for Europe. The last few years is Weyers investing in her own distribution and packaging center and is the growth accelerating. To keep the growth path is the Weyers Group looking for an import manager fruit & vegetables, who is willing to extend the import division in particular and the Weyers Group in general.
Purpose of the role
The role of import manager fruit & vegetables in the Weyers Group is to drive and manage the import and sales for Weyers in Europe. Next to the knowledge of import are the commercial contacts with the wholesale markets and supermarkets a crucial part of the job. To be successful in this role the incumbent will need to work proactively, hands-on and strategically.
1. Extend the import division of the Weyers Group.
2. Develop and nurture new and current accounts.
3. Manage the import/export operations of all products for customers.
4. Providing in depth detailed overviews on the market situation.
Critical Success Factors
• Minimum 5 – 10 years fruit (& vegetables) business experience is required
• Languages : Spanish, English and French; German is a plus
• Ability to cope in fast paced environment
• Creative and solution seeking individual
• Maintains collegial interoffice relationships, a team spirit is necessary
• Required to live in close environment of Eindhoven
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• University Degree is a plus