Join now

Technical work in Electronics or IT (Malta)

Hi everyone. I'm about to move to Malta to live. My son's been there for 5 years now and my wife and I have decided that we need to get out of London and make the leap to Malta. We've been visiting the island for over 30 years and seen a LOT of changes but it's still a great place to live.

I've been having trouble finding work though... In London it's easy to find work in my field but most of the IT work in Malta is geared to specific web-based work, not IT in general. I'm a programmer but not in web based languages. I'm also a very capable electronics engineer but really want to make the shift to IT as I enjoy solving problems and writing code. It's also possible in some instances to work from home!

Are there any IT Business networking groups I can join - or does any one know any contacts in the relevant industries where I can make a direct approach? This may be the best way to do it. I'm finding that the recruitment agencies have the jobs but if you submit an application you have no way of knowing if it has been submitted to the companies concerned - and they give you NO feedback whatsoever, either positive or negative. Surely that's what they are paid for? (You would think).

Any advice anyone can give would be much appreciated.

If anyone is interested, my LinkedIn profile is here:
Protected content

Thank you.

Malta Forum

Our Global Partners