Join now

Update on how to obtain a Maltese ID etc for EU (Malta)

Views

Hi all,

They recently changed the procedure on how to obtain a Maltese ID card, Social Security Number and Tax Number for EU members, so I thought I upload a quick guide. I hope it helps.

Guide for EU members - as of April Protected content

How to obtain...A residence card:

Go to the Identity Management Office, Evans Building 2nd Floor, Merchants Street, Valletta, Malta on the following days

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8am to 12pm

Fill out the following documentation:

Employment/Self Employment- CEA Form A:

Protected content

Form ID2 - Image Capture Application Form:

Protected content

Form ID 1A - Electronic Identity Registration Form for non-Maltese Nationals:

Protected content

Electoral Form:

Protected content

Bring with you the following:

2 passport photos - just to be on the safe side - they take a photo, but also took one of mine that I brought with me

Original and Copy of passport or European ID card (blank pages are not required)

Original and Copy of the employment license issued by ETC

Original and Copy of the employment contract

Tenancy agreement

After ca. 2 to 3 weeks, you will receive a letter in the post to notify you that your residence card is ready to be picked up.

Pickup of ID cards from Monday to Friday Protected content 13. Protected content at the Identity Management Office, Merchant Street

In the letter was also a Pin etc, but I still need to figure out on how to use the e-services online...I will keep you posted. :-)

How to obtain...A social security number: check your local office on

Protected content

If you work in Sliema:

Go to the Sliema District Office Protected content , Triq Sir Adrian Dingli on the following days

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 8am to 12pm

The Sliema District office will forward your details to the inland revenue and you will receive your tax number in the post ca. 2 to 3 weeks later, so no need to go to the inland revenue in Floriana anymore. :-)

Malta Forum

Our Global Partners