Join now

A MUST-SEE MUSICAL SHOW IN MANILA (Manila)

I AM WHAT I AM:
“So come take a look
Give me the hook
Or the ovation!”

Musical takes a holiday on stage when Sweet Sisa Samaniego-Esteva – stage singer/performer, product endorser and recording artist - shares her songs and performances with some of her closest friends and student-workshoppers in a unique musical concert event aptly titled I AM WHAT I AM.

A popular song of Gloria Gaynor in the 70 and from the musical play La Cage Aux Folles, I AM WHAT I AM marks the first time Sisa has her own concert that offers the unexpected gathering of some of performing arts young and promising talents who just happen to be some of her closest friends, including Ayam Barredo,Cara Barredo, Joseph Mattheu, Reuben Uy, Red Concepcion, Jay Young, Onyl Torres, Marisse Abrilla, Naths Everett and Repertory Philippines’ Summer Workshoppers, among others.
I AM WHAT I AM evokes the power and excitement of live concert performances and blends music, song and dance of its performers in a multi-faceted themes viewers will find spellbinding. On a stage that relentlessly changes color, shape and tone, the concert’s repertoire will transform the theatre into a place of music (Mama Mia, Unexpected Song), dreams (Super Trooper), comedy (Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious from Mary Poppins), magic (Defying Gravity from Wicked), romance (What I Did For Love from Chorus Line and love song medley from Miss Saigon) and drama (Once Upon a Time from Brooklyn), giving viewers a rare opportunity to experience how a musical concert should be. In one night, Sisa proves Filipino music will never go out of style. With her stunning coloratura soprano voice, she brings back the romantic-comedy moments by melding the timeless beauty of classical Akoý Kampupot and medley of Christmas Songs to warm everybody’s heart.
I AM WHAT I AM is a collaboration of talented musicians and performers who wanted to work together for a common goal: to entertain. With a combination of music and stage chemistry between the performers, this concert will be a memorable musical event. Directed by George De Jesus and Choreographed by James Laforteza. Produced by Mr. Ollie Roble Samaniego and Mr. Robert John Morgan and in cooperation with the City of Makati.

I AM WHAT I AM will be staged on Dec. 21, Protected content 7:30 PM at the Onstage 2nd Floor Greenbelt 1 Paseo De Roxas corner Legaspi St., Makati. Ticket Price: P500. Seating will be on a First Come First Serve basis.

Manila Forum

Our Global Partners