Join now

Birth Registration/Annulment/Fiancee Visa (Manila)

Hi everyone,

I have got a few questions regarding the above. Me and my current partner (British citizen) just had a baby. Now we want to register his birth in British Embassy Manila. I have looked up for the requirements and one requirement is CENOMAR, which with my current status being previously married to another British citizen I wouldn't be able to provide. We are separated but not yet divorced. It's been almost four years since we separated. Would it be an issue with my sons birth registration? We're just now waiting for our sons local birth certificate from NSO. I'm just scared that they won't acknowledge it as I won't be able to provide CENOMAR nor divorce papers/annulment papers as we haven't got that either. We're planning of starting the annulment this year.

If i ask my previous partner for divorce (knowing that there's no divorce here in the Philippines) and say once it has been processed, would that be applicable in applying for Fiancee visa to The Uk? Or would I need to have it recognised here first before we even try to apply for Fiancee visa.

P.S
My ex husband sponsored me to the Uk last Protected content . We separated that same year. I hold a settlement/spouse visa that time and only expired last year Protected content . Would that complicate any future visa application? i.e fiancee visa?

If anybody knows or was also in this situation before I would love to hear from you. Any helpful information would be really appreciated.

Thank you all.

Yours,
Kath

Manila Forum

Our Global Partners