Join now

BUSINESS PARTNER/INVESTOR REQUIRED (Manila)

OPPORTUNITY OVERVIEW: Advertising based App (used on Smartphones) targeting Philippines based businesses with excess capacity. Think of hotels with empty rooms, restaurants and bars with empty tables, car and bike rental firms with idle equipment, airlines with unfilled seats, etc.

POINT OF DIFFERENCE: There are plenty of Apps out there. Why would a business owner pay to use this one? It’s simple. They can advertise to a geographically targeted audience in real time. Think of a bar with empty seats. The manager could “push” a notification to localised users offering Php50 local beers for the next two hours – and fill up their tables. Fast.

THE MARKET: Mostly (absolutely huge) Metro Manila. Obviously the tourist hotspots like Puerto Galera, Boracay, Palawan, Baguio, Angeles City, Subic Bay, etc. Larger city and regional locations like Cebu, Davao, Bacolod, Cagayan de Oro and the like. Any location with an appreciable volume of both inbound and outbound traffic.

MARKETING & SALES: Marketing will be on a direct sales basis conducted by local franchisees, supported by a mix of digital and conventional marketing.

REVENUE STREAMS: Sale of local area franchises. Recurring franchise royalties. Recurring, subscription-based advertising revenue.

EXIT STRATEGY: Sale within Protected content to an airline or similar organisation that wishes to monopolise at least one area of advertising on the app.

ME: Long term and demonstrable success in digital marketing ventures. Not my first time around the block on franchising either, as I have previously started and operated a successful franchise system from the ground up. My team can build and support the app, so the technology part is fairly straightforward. You don’t need to worry about that.

YOU: Living in the Philippines already or planning to relocate here shortly. Wants to work on a day-to-day basis. Have some very basic computer skills. Can recruit, train and lead a sales team (franchisees). Comfortable working with Pinoys. Motivated and hungry to make a killing from a business.

INVESTMENT: $100K USD. Most of this will be used directly in marketing both the prototype area and recruiting initial franchisees. It won’t be going into some invisible black hole, never to be seen again.

A FINAL WORD: I didn’t post this here to be picked apart by the sceptics. Everyone SHOULD be sceptical. I’ve provided a more than fair amount of information- more than enough for people to know if it might be something that interests them or not. If it doesn’t interest you – no problem – just move along to the next opportunity.

Obviously, there is a whole lot more to this than what has been posted. I’m not going to reveal the 11 secret herbs and spices on a public forum. It would be a pretty sub-standard idea if there was enough information provided here, for me to fear that somebody might hijack the concept. I’m not fearful of that. Anyone who thinks they can do it on their own, please feel free to go your hardest.

Comment below or PM if you’re interested. It’s a good opportunity for somebody. The only question is who?

Manila Forum