Join now

Cheap / Expensive / Same (Manila)

Views

Hey everyone,

Just something to throw around, thought it would be interesting to see what people find cheap, expensive or the same here compared to where they're from.

I just got back from food shopping and a few things that stick out, Gatorade (which I am highly addicted to) is waaaaay cheaper here than home and probably why I am feeding my addiction even more!

Most grocery items I find are around the same as in Australia.

Eating out is cheaper, alcohol is definitely cheaper, I was drinking beers at Howzat yesterday for $1.20!

Clothes are cheaper but I guess you get what you pay for. The 100P shorts I buy last about 2 weeks before they split. The T shirts are ok and at 150P you're talking $3.50AUS.

Taxis - waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper! my ride back from makati last night 80P (but I gave him 150P coz he was a nice guy), the same trip back home would have been $30 or Protected content .

Rent is cheaper - my apartment back home would be at least 65,000P per month back home, I pay half that.

Gym membership - definitely cheaper here.

Cable and internet - around half the price of back home.

Electricity - Slightly less.

Mobile phones - extremely cheap here, I bought a phone for 699P which is $16AUS and there is no way you could buy a mobile for that back home.

Anyone else care to comment?

Manila Forum

Our Global Partners