Contribute Your Writing Skills and Join a Dynamic Group of Changemakers
We are Smarter Good, a new global social enterprise in Makati, led by a US Ashoka Fellow. We provide a range of fundraising and administrative services for social entrepreneur-led nonprofit organizations and nongovernmental agencies based in the United States. Our goal is to make small nonprofit organizations more efficient and impactful. Our growing team of 15 is a highly talented, committed and creative group of changemakers, based out of a loft office space on Jupiter Street in Belair, Makati. We are seeking an Editor to serve as a writing expert for our Team and to support and maintain the writing standard within the company.
About the Editor’s Role
The Editor is responsible for providing comments and suggestions to writers during revision rounds that will ensure that products are persuasive communication tools and make a strong case for funding.
The Editor is a coach, working to develop the writing and editing skills of our team. He/She works with our Senior Writers to improve their editing skills and guides them in developing the writing skills of those who report to them.
The post is for part-time or full-time editors based in the Philippines, preferably in Metro Manila. Flexibility of schedules is possible.
We are seeking a native English speaker and experienced nonprofit professional who has worked extensively on social sector communications, including grant proposals, one-pagers, newsletters and reports.
- Passion for the nonprofit sector, community, social and or/economic development, as demonstrated by previous relevant leadership, professional or volunteer experience.
- Bachelor degree required.
- At least five years of professional writing/editing experience. Strongly prefer previous grant-writing experience in a nonprofit setting. Must have extremely strong writing skills that combine a flair for the creative with an analytical approach.
- Experience working in the US in nonprofit, philanthropy or related field is highly preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in entrepreneurial and/or global environments that require proactivity and self-directed work.
- Ability to coach and offer feedback in thoughtful, straightforward, yet sensitive manner.
- Deadline driven and highly responsible.
- Comfortable working with office systems. Including databases and document management systems.
- Person of high integrity and strong work ethic.
- A good sense of humor!
Please submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and three Protected content Samples (preferably published) via this link: Protected content