Join now

Expats looking for work (Manila)

Hi guys,
From time to time, I'm asked by another expat about how to find work here. So these are my tips for all the expats out there still looking for work.....

Feel free to approach any foreign company with an office here. There are plenty of examples like HP, IBM, Accenture, etc. Email your resume to their HR, or other contact.

Also you may want to target those companies that have an office here, and are based from your native country. For example, British nationals could approach HSBC Philippines.

In addition, there are a lot of global multinationals with an office here, that are exposed to non-English languages. Some of these foreign companies are looking for people that can communicate effectively to head office, or maybe someone to converse with a foreign client.

If you speak a language other than English, you can be in the box-seat for a position. For example, last year my employer was looking for an SQL Server professional to support a company based in Quebec, Canada.

In the end, we got a local SQL Server professional, but to fill the language gap we hired a local arts student studying French in their final year at college. An expat with any SQL Server and French communication skills, would have been a strong candidate for this position.

Don't worry about work visa requirements because if a foreign company wants to hire you, then they'll handle the visa process.

Just get your resume sorted - and start emailing those foreign companies......