Join now

Indian Relocating to Manila

Hi,
I have been offered a job at Manila & am looking to move there in April from India. I have a few questions on the move:

1) I will be working out of The Enterprise Tower in Makati. In looking at options on the internet, I am looking at hoping to find a furnished condo in Fort Bonifaco. How would the commute work - in terms of time & cost per trip in a local taxi? Is it a good idea to commute between Makati & Fort?

2) I wanted to check on what could be the possible rent for a well furnished condo - on research I see between Protected content PHP/month for a 2 bedroom condo. Is this the reasonable range in these areas?

3) Most important question of all - once you have selected a condo & agreed on a rent, how exactly does it work? 1 website I read states that most condo owners look for 2 months rent deposit(which is acceptable) & 12 months advance rent - which is quite baffling, if I am understanding this correctly. Do we need to pay 12 months' rent upfront in addition to 2 months' deposit? Please HELP!! Am really anxious on getting this clarified.

4) Are there any weekly/fresh markets selling veggies in & around Fort? I read markets in Salecedo & Legaspi but wanted to check in Bonifacio area.

5)Getting Around Manila: I read that local transport is not the best & taxis are unreliable as well. Should I look at buying a car maybe? Being an Indian, I am used to some crazy driving so Manila traffic isn't that confusing for me. Am looking for some expat/local scout first hand experience on this please. :)

6) As a continuation to above question - if I was to buy a car, any idea on how difficult it is to get a local license to drive? And registration of ownership?

7) What are typical costs for a fairly new(less than 2 years) or new small or medium size sedan? Any possible recommendations please.

8)What are the approximate cost of utilities per month - electricity(running a/c for a good period), water, gas, internet & telephone?

9)Lastly, is any one aware of good shops where one can buy INDIAN grocery/spices please - hopefully around Fort area?

Protected content , probably more for Indian friends in the forum - are there any Indian hindu temples in or around Manila?

Thanks, hoping you all can help me with these questions!

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Manila Forum