iDE creates income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households and currently operates in 12 countries. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA, with offices in Canada and the UK, iDE began operations in Mozambique in January Protected content the goal of improving the income and livelihood opportunities of the rural poor and uses an integrated, value-chain development approach to implement agricultural development initiatives that increase productivity and income for smallholder farmers. iDE Mozambique is currently seeking a Finance & Operations Manager (FOM) to support the management of several donor-funded programs. This position is based in Maputo.
Scope of Work: Under the supervision of the iDE Mozambique Country Director, the FOM will manage finance and operations of iDE Mozambique office and country programs and supervise finance and operations staff. The FOM will also produce financial reports and ensure compliance with key donor requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Refine and implement the financial systems and procedures for program management and delivery consistent with donor requirements
• Support the Country Director and senior technical staff in the development of detailed annual work plans and budgets
• Support the Country Director and senior technical staff in preparation and timely submission of donor required deliverables and milestones
• Manage program funds, maintain bank accounts and submit timely and reliable financial reports.
• Monitor project resources to ensure timely transfer of funds, and request of funds from HQ as appropriate.
• Prepare consolidated reports on the overall financial progress of programs for donors and HQ finance.
• Oversee finance staff to input accurate financial transaction information into accounting system (Sun Systems)
• Prepare for annual audit and lead with auditors to complete annual audit reports
• Develop financial and operations procedures in line with HQ guidance for all programs and train staff on these procedures to ensure sound management.
• Ensure financial records are up to date and accurate.
• Provide senior administrative support to project procurement responsibilities including the management of vendor relationships.
• Support operations staff in recruitment of local staff and management of local personnel files.
• Supervise at least three finance and operations staff located in Maputo and the central and northern regions of Mozambique.
• Advanced Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other related field preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in financial and operational/strategic management (budgeting, accounting, auditing) of donor funded projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of one or more bi-lateral donors’ rules, regulations, and policies (USAID, DFID, SIDA, etc…) and experience developing and managing donor grant agreements and/or subcontracts.
• Ability to systematically break down complex problems, complete an assessment of options and propose the optimal situation.
• Ability to collect and analyze financial data and produce coherent reports for donors and suppliers.
• Competent at working with teams and staff/contacts that may be in different locations, eg headquarters staff, local office staff and regionally based staff.
• Proficient in accounting software. iDE uses Sun Systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and preference for Access).
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a multicultural setting.
• Fluency in Portuguese and English required.
Applicants are requested to send their CV Protected content and a cover letter (1 page) to Protected content with Mozambique Finance and Operations Manager in the subject line. The deadline for submission is November 15, Protected content . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. iDE is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.