Join now

New in town (Marbella)

Hi everyone,

I’m new to the area, well 6 months in, but after finding my feet and learning (a bit of) the language I figure it’s time to start making contacts both personally and professionally.
Socially I’m making great strides since signing up for a Gaelic football team (a new experience for an Englishman) and rugby team in Gibraltar and am also in the throws of mastering the language through ‘debating’ football in the local ‘taparias’, but am always keen to make new friends so don’t be shy.

Professionally, after having spent over 10 years in Paris, most of which were spent working as an International Relationship Manager for HSBC Premier, I have recently located to the South of Spain where I have taken a position with a small, independent, owner-managed, discreet investment office based in Gibraltar ( Protected content )

Whilst living as an ex-pat both in France and here in Spain I have been contacted by various financial advisors of varying experience, expertise, levels of qualification and repute and have been given proposals and advice which I maybe wouldn’t always have put forward myself for a mix of personal, ethical or professional reasons. I have witnessed numerous portfolios, mainly those constructed following a QROPS pension transfer, that are neither constructed in the same way that I would have done nor in the right jurisdiction, in fact it appears that many were set up more with the short term commission structure in mind than the long term benefits for the policy holders, and whilst some of these have been set up in such a way as they will incur penalty fees to exit or rebalance them, this is not always the case and even when it is it may still be more economical to move or rebalance them.

Whilst by their very nature pensions are long term investments, the way they are managed doesn’t have to use the ‘leave it and see’ long term, lump sum investment strategy favoured by some but can be managed more actively and if done correctly at a lower charge than the prior.

I am therefore offering to give portfolio reviews to those who have transferred their pensions by QROPS or those who are thinking about doing so as well as giving investment advice to those who are not concerned by QROPS but would like to either have their current portfolio reviewed or would just like to know what options are available to them.

In order to take advantage of this please contact me on Protected content or call the Private Client desk on Protected content

Hopefully see some of you soon either socially, professionally or both.

Best,

Gavin

Marbella Forum

Our Global Partners