Join now

I’m really looking for friends, contacts, advice (Marrakech)

InterNations site, what a wonderful way to meet contacts and get advice. There are some great people on here who have been so friendly and have given us some great ideas. At the moment I live in Tenerife, originally from UK I have been here 11 years but find it stifling living on such a small island. It’s time to move on.
My partner and I are want to move over to Marrakech later this year to start a riad business. We would need to rent the riad. I have property here in Tenerife but at the moment it is better to rent them out rather than sell here. We are looking for a Protected content riad within 5 min walking distance of Jema El Fina Medina. We can do some restoration work but we are on a limited budget. We would not be looking at the high end market but would still want a riad people feel magical, colourful, vibrant and relaxing.
My partner Gino has a couple of friends there one Spanish with a small riad and a Moroccan friend who has his local business. Gino speaks Spanish, English and Portuguese. Alas I only speak English.
I understand that a lot of business and recommendations are done by word of mouth and who you know so that’s why, I’m really just looking for friends, contacts, advice and people who have experience that can help us realise our dream. Maybe you know people friends on InterNations I should contact or friends that maybe in the business who could advise or maybe want to rent their own riad.
Thanks for taking time to read the message
Kind Regards
Mark, Gino, Miss Daisy the Pug and Blue the Schnauzer

Marrakech Forum

Our Global Partners