Join now

Legal help in Marrakech

Views

Hi guys,

New to the thread but I home someone on here can help me.

I visited marrakech between the 28th of April - 5th May Protected content . I stayed in a Riad Anyssate in the old city. Lovely place. Great city.

On the 1/05/17 I visited the premises of the company called Marrakech Design Gallerie. ( Protected content )

On visiting the premises I talked to the owner, a man, and agreed to purchase 2 items. A blue and white chair in the style of the Eero Aarnio 'globe chair' (which the sales person said was made by a company called EDRA) and an illuminated wall sign for the drinks company Campari in white and red acrylic. At that point we discussed that I needed business receipts for the items and I needed them emailing to my company email address. I also required details about the chair proving what it was.

The price we agreed for the two items was 12,000 dirhams. It was agreed that this price included delivery to the UK to my home address.

The owner said that they had a lot of experience in international deliveries, especially to the UK and that the delivery time for the two items would be 10 days.

Since this time I have not received the goods I paid for and have been unable to gain a refund from the Marrakech Design Gallerie business owner. I've been in touch with them but they have essentially told me they don't care and 'screw you'!!!!!

I would like to know what my rights are as a consumer in Morocco and what I need to do to take these people to court to gain a full refund and request damages if possible for the time I have wasted trying to gain a refund and the distress this has caused me. I'm totally down on the whole situation and finding it hard to get in touch with a legal council that can help.

I hope some of you guys can help me get justice and stop these cowboys doing the same to other visitors to the city.

Merci.

Gareth Edwards

Marrakech Forum

Our Global Partners