RENEWABLE ENERGY POWER SYSTEMS MODELING
Westeva is seeking a highly motivated intern for a renewable energy technology power curve preparation and related energy economic data and modeling tasks.
Task I: Renewable energy technology cataloguing
• Collecting data and creating a database for various renewable energy technologies, information needed includes:
o Performance characteristics (power curve information)
o Cost information, including:
Anticipated O&M (operations and maintenance costs)
o Resource dependencies
o Maturity of technology and manufacturer
o Market share information
Task II: Project-scale energy modeling
• Development and testing of project scale energy generation characteristics with an initial focus on hydropower/reservoir modeling and parameterizations.
• Work closely with Westeva staff on integrating developed methodologies into larger scale modeling framework.
• Strong interest and background in renewable energy. Interest in environmental issues such as climate change.
• Ability to work independently including a proven ability to use innovative means to complete a project.
• Willingness to travel and work from Westeva’s offices in Boston at least 25% of time.
• Strong knowledge in the Internet/WWW, especially with regards to information gathering and data collection. Background or experience in social networking is not relevant.
• Background in word processing (Word) and spreadsheet tools (Excel), or other related software
• Background or strong interest in renewable energy, specifically hydropower oprations, especially from a power systems engineering perspective.
• Basic proficiency in modeling.
Please send your resume to Stacia Penn, Administrative assistant