Join now

Moving to Colombia (Medellin)

I am interested in moving to Colombia. I have been doing research for some time now. I live in Los Angeles, CA. I am looking at a 2 or 3 year timeline to move. I will visit a couple of times before I move. I am interested in relocating to the coffee triangle, I really don't want to live in one of the big cities.

It looks to me that I can live comfortably but simply on $20,000 USD a year, if I can earn that. I don't want to go into my nest egg for every day living. I am working on my Spanish and expect to be pretty fluent by the time I move.

I would like to work in a tourist industry job, restaurant, hotel or excursion company. Is getting a job like that going to be possible? I also have experience in the wholesale flower business but I can't find any info about it. 70% of flowers exported to the US come from Columbia.

I plan is to rent a room for some months to get settled in. Then rent a place of my own then possibly buy when I know m going stay. I've read about banking, visas, etc and will continue to do so.

Any and all advise is welcome, I'm so glad I found this forum......

Medellin Forum

Our Global Partners