Join now

IT Work in Melbourne

Hi Everybody,

We ( Myself, Herself and 3 winks) are making the big move next year around September. Subject to visa... points wise should be ok once I can get ACS to recognize my work experience. 16 years working in IT with 8 of those in technical project management and technical account management. Hopefully I can get in on state sponsorship with ICT project management. I have worked with the likes of IBM, Dell, HP and Compaq as well as SME and startups. I am a Dell DSCE master level certified technician. I also have a wealth of experience in POS, eCommerce and web.

Anyone in the IT sector, tell me what in your experience is the jobs market like for someone with my experience? Obviously a very daunting thing, moving the whole family lock stock to AUS without the guarantee of work. I have never been out of work from the day I left school or education. I would consider myself a grafter who is not afraid of hard work and commitment.

I do have somewhat of a support structure there in Melbourne via childhood friends who emigrated nearly 30 years ago.

Anyway, thanks for any reply's, feedback, suggestions are more than welcome.

Regards

Derek

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Melbourne Forum