Join now

Looking for mothers away from 'home' (Melbourne)

Hi guys, I moved to Australia from London with my family and I'm also doing a PhD study on how migrant mothers use online communities.

The study is about how and why mothers use online groups as part of their migration and mothering experiences, and I hope the study will provide useful information about how women cope with these life-changing experiences.

As part of the study I have a survey, so if you are:
• a woman aged Protected content
• the mother of at least one child under the age of 5
• living and raising your child in a country which is not the country of your birth/upbringing, and you have been living in that country for 10 years or less
then please complete the survey here Protected content

As part of my research I have also gathered quite a lot of info about specific online groups for migrant mothers, so if you are looking for a group to join (e.g. for British mums in Melbourne or South African mums in Melbourne etc) let me know and I'll send you a link if I have one.

There is also a FB page for the project, Protected content

I am also looking to interview mothers in Melbourne and Sydney, specifically those who have created or run an online group for migrant mothers (e.g. Dutch mums in Melbourne) or who are a member of one. If you might be interested in being interviewed, message me your email address and I can send you some more info so you can decide if it's something for you.

Thank you for your time. If you are interested in the study or have any questions, please get in touch, by reply here or by email at Protected content .

Best wishes,
Leah

Melbourne Forum

Our Global Partners