Join now

Moving to Melbourne: New adventure

Hello everyone,

My name is Chaïma and I am currently living in France (in "la Charente-Maritime"). I was born and raised in Belgium and I'm 26 years old. I have the Belgian nationality and I have Moroccan origins.

With my French fiancé we have been thinking of moving to Australia, but it's not that easy. We don't really know how and where to start with all the papers. It has always been a dream of mine to move down under. We made the decision to actually take the step and move there.

My fiancé's dad already lives in Melbourne and he said he had already been searching for jobs for my fiancé. I, on the other hand, am ready for this adventure but scared. I don't know how to look for jobs from here.

I have a BA in Journalism and I recently got my TEFL certificate in Toulouse (France). I speak several languages: Dutch, French, English, Moroccan and a bit of Arabic and German.

I have worked a lot in tourism and would like to continue working in this sector like a Dutch or French speaking tourist Guide, or maybe something with animals.

Do you have any idea what kind of visa we should apply for? We were suggested to take a work and holiday visa to start with.

And how hard is it exactly to find work in Melbourne as a Belgian or other expat?

And how and where to look?

Thank you very much for your help, I'm grateful for having found this website.

Kind regards

Chaïma

Melbourne Forum

Our Global Partners