Join now

Need help, abusive husband (Mexico City)

I'm an American married to a Mexican citizen. We live in Mexico City. My husband is verbally, emotionally abusive and lately it has escalated to physical violence. We got married in the USA. I would have left this situation if it wasn't for the fact that we have a son together. Our son was born in the USA. I can't just up and leave with my son because he will get the police involved. I was wondering if you guys have any advice on what to do or where to go get help. I want to be able to leave the country with my son legally. I can't take this anymore. Sometimes I think the only way out of this nightmare is killing myself but I love my son too much to do that. Please help me. Sorry if this is all over the place, I'm very emotional at the moment.

Mexico City Forum

Our Global Partners