Join now

Moving to Miami from DC...help!

Hi Everyone,

I have a great opportunity to relocate to Miami from DC for my current job and am so excited. I need to move asap (by the end of May). I am torn about living in South Beach vs. North Miami Beach vs. Coral Gables. I won't have a car so I need to be somewhere that has everything within walking distance, has a neighborhood feel, is diverse, and is safe for a single 30 year old woman to walk around. I will be working from home but need to be within 30 minutes of Miami International Airport as required by my job since I will be traveling for work. I am into more of a relaxed vibe and like to be surrounded by a more mature crowd 30+. Somewhere I can go for a cup of coffee, grab a great book, meet new people, listen to some live music or lounge, or a nice drink and dinner every now and then. I would love to be near the beach, but I did hear that SoBe is a bit crazy although I heard neighborhoods located on Jefferson, Michigan, and Alton are great options. I also heard that Coral Gables is fabulous, especially the Miracle Mile, but it is harder to get around without a car and more families live there. If anyone has any insight that would be great! Thanks, Goldie

Miami Forum

Our Global Partners