Join now

Possibly moving from Florence IT to Miami

Views

Hi All,
I am considering a job which would relocate me to Miami from Florence Italy in early Protected content . Originally, from Boston but have been living in Europe for many years and am on the fence about returning to the US.
In Sept, I was in Miami for two weeks to check out the city and neighborhoods. If I go, I would be working from my home initially and then would eventually set up an office there.
Checked out Brickell but never made it to Coral Gables or Coconut Grove areas as I heard they were too family and residential. I liked the Venetian Island area ( this is for a condo rental) and since I've been back have been looking at N. Bay Village area. Any thoughts? I will be there alone and don't want to be too far away from Miami Beach area and airport but don't want to be in the heart of party central either. Budget of Protected content month. Some other random Q's:
Is is hard to meet people? Are the summer's really unbearable? Cosmopolitan/International ? ( I moved to Scottsdale for two years many years ago and didn't like it at all. Anyone know of a great veterinarian? ( coming with two cats, one of which has a heart condition?), Cost of living ? It seemed high but again I was in a hotel visiting vs. living? Is there a large Italian community living there?
Thanks so much, any and all feedback is appreciated.
Ciao, Marina

Miami Forum

Our Global Partners