Join now

An accommodation scam in Milan

Just a quick warning about an email I received today. The person who sent me the email must have found my details on one of the various accommodation websites I have recently signed up for.

The email had 5 photographs attached. The apartment looked great. Possibly too great. So I put the images into An example from the results - Protected content - which is one of the supposed bedrooms. I think tineye only keeps the results for 72 hours. Anyway, as you will see the image crops up all over the world from Newyork to Latvia.

The email.......

"How are you doing?

Via Giovanni Keplero, Protected content . house is located in the Centre of Milan, near the railway station and a 2 minute walk from the subway stop. The atmosphere is comfortable and friendly. also near disco 'Alcatraz' and 'De Sade-Zenith' (Via Valtellina). The rooms are large and bright, warm in winter and cool in summer, all equipped.From here you can take the yellow subway directly to the central station (2 stops) and Duomo square (6 stops). With bus N.91 you can get to the Fiera Milano and the San Siro stadium.

The room is Protected content month.All utilities included(Electricity, water,internet access, waste disposal and gas)and you are going to pay Protected content deposit.This will be refunded to you at the end of your stay in my apartment. I like reading, writing, fine arts, movies, sports, cooking and I don't mind to go for a pint now and then either. In my flat I like things rather clean without being fussy and I'm quite easy going. I like to socialize but need my privacy now and then.

Leifflen Emmanuelle.."