Search Engineer (Milan)
In Hotelscan we work with hotels and hundreds of travel websites to provide to users the best hotels at the lowest price.
As a search engineer, you will be working with our hotels datas indexing them in Elasticsearch, retrive and sort them. All of this in a fraction of a second!
You will create Java or PHP backends which interacts with various NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch, Mongodb. You can improve the algorithms we use to search and sort datas.
We're looking for developers with solid computer science backgrounds capable of working on various parts of our technology stack.
You will get a unique opportunity to work with wide range of NoSQL databases, project and develop a new searching system.
We offer fast, flexible and informal working environment in a small and agile team.
Skills & Requirements
- Deep knowledge of core computer science principles such as concurrency, algorithms and data structures
- Min 3 years of professional experience programing in Java or PHP
- Deep knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Deep knowledge of No-SQL databases
- Experience working with Spring Core or Laravel Framework
- Experience in web technologies
- Experience in developing REST web services
- Basic Linux skills
- EU work permit
Nice to have
- Previous experience working with GIS Applications
- Experience working with BigData technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce or Spark
Hotelscan.com is the new search engine for hotels and accommodations. We compare prices and availability of more than 700'000 accommodations world-wide and help you find your ideal hotel at the best price on the internet.
What we offer at hotelscan:
pleasant workplace with dynamic and international team
direct involvement in the company's decisional processes
flat company structure
free lunch and coffees in the office
Email Protected content