Join now

Temporary accommodation for 90 days? (Milan)

Hi All,

I will move to Milan this summer. So, I'm communicating with a relocation service company to take care of the processes.

Anyway, you may know, to apply for a work permit, the immigration agency requires a proof of temporary accommodation for at least 90 days as of the initiation of an employment contract.
They say it would be either a hotel or an apartment-hotel. But, a hotel is definitely not an option for me; not only because it's expensive but also because I don't want to stay at a hotel room for that long! So, I tried AirBnb as I understood that a short-term apartment rental could be considered as "apart-hotel" type accommodation. But unfortunately I just learned that an AirBnb reservation will not work for immigration purposes. Is that true?

If such short-term rentals would not work, what are apart-hotels exactly? I could have some websites that my employer recommended but their rates are so high (twice as high as the rent I would have at AirBnb). Would you provide some websites where I can get a temporary residence at an affordable rate?

Could you share your experience on how you dealt with it?

Best,
Simon

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Milan Forum