Join now

Temporary accommodation for 90 days? (Milan)

Hi All,

I will move to Milan this summer. So, I'm communicating with a relocation service company to take care of the processes.

Anyway, you may know, to apply for a work permit, the immigration agency requires a proof of temporary accommodation for at least 90 days as of the initiation of an employment contract.
They say it would be either a hotel or an apartment-hotel. But, a hotel is definitely not an option for me; not only because it's expensive but also because I don't want to stay at a hotel room for that long! So, I tried AirBnb as I understood that a short-term apartment rental could be considered as "apart-hotel" type accommodation. But unfortunately I just learned that an AirBnb reservation will not work for immigration purposes. Is that true?

If such short-term rentals would not work, what are apart-hotels exactly? I could have some websites that my employer recommended but their rates are so high (twice as high as the rent I would have at AirBnb). Would you provide some websites where I can get a temporary residence at an affordable rate?

Could you share your experience on how you dealt with it?