Join now

Will I be able to get my anxiety medicine? Concern (Milan)

Greetings! I am currently in the process of relocating from NYC to Italy for business. My concern is that for 3 years I have been prescribed a generic benzodiazepene (controlled substance) to control my panic attacks and anxiety, at one point these became so constant that I had to be hospitalized. I have a few concerns and I was just hoping people could give me their experience. Will I be able to find a doctor in Milan that will prescribe me my medication? I would of course bring the bottle, with my American doctors letter of approval but I fear that without this medication I truly will be an absolute mess.

Secondly, how much does a doctors visit typically cost? I doubt I qualify for any sort of free visit. All of this concerns me, and it's really the only thing stopping me from being comfortable about my move. Likewise, is it hard to get an appointment? I am prepared to learn a new country, struggle with my new line of work and of course excel at it, but this is the only thing that really concerns me. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond and read this post. I ask people not to make assumptions, I have always taken my medication exactly as prescribed and tried numerous solutions to my panic/anxiety before having to settle for this.

Milan Forum

Our Global Partners