Seeking Senior Analyst - Competitive Intelligence (Milwaukee)
Senior Analyst - Schaumburg, IL
We are a global decision support, research and consulting firm that provides evidence-based strategic intelligence anchored by primary research. For over 15 years, our multi-lingual professionals have assisted clients with cross-market opportunities, cutting-edge innovation, and strategic resource allocation to out-distance the competition in both domestic and emerging markets.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for providing integrated analysis of the competitive landscape by collecting and compiling competitive information through primary and secondary research, organizing and analyzing findings, and writing reports and/or presentations summarizing the findings and analysis. They work collaboratively on and provide leadership to an engagement team in support of the delivery of world-class, actionable competitive intelligence to our clients. Engagement teams may consist of analysts, researchers, interns and/or external resources. The Senior Analyst may be responsible for managing competitive intelligence projects and select client relationships.
• Secondary Research: Identify and properly use secondary tools; gather public and semi-public data on the competitive landscape, such as product offerings, pricing strategies, sales tactics, marketing and distribution strategies; effectively and efficiently use subscription databases, Internet searches, industry publications, etc.; synthesize relevant published information; pinpoint most knowledgeable sources to contact for primary research gathering.
• Primary Research: Conduct in-depth, qualitative primary research phone calls with sources from a variety of functional areas; develop accurate and complete call summaries from primary research calls.
• Analysis: Organize and analyze research findings; draw relevant key conclusions about the competitive situation; identify strategic and tactical ramifications of research findings; apply industry knowledge and business experience to provide strategic and actionable intelligence; develop a solid understanding of our clients’ competitors and where they are trending; schedule and lead project strategy and analysis sessions.
• Engagement Management: Manage assigned project workload to meet deadlines and budgeted hours; provide general oversight and research direction to researchers and analysts; instruct and educate team members on all aspects of the project life cycle; oversee project-related deliverables and participate in the creation of executive summaries and perspectives; perform a high level review of analysis and research findings; efficiently execute project plan to exceed client expectations; communicate project progress, issues and concerns with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Client Relationship Management: Participate in client relations activities and communications; present findings to clients; make formal presentations to various senior level audiences. May be responsible for managing individual client engagements; overseeing project-related deliverables to ensure client satisfaction; communicating project progress, issues, and concerns with key external stakeholders.
• Deliverables: Compose professional, succinct business reports using illustrative graphic elements, as appropriate; prepare interim reports and client updates (written or verbal); develop executive summaries and perspectives for client deliverables.
Preparation, Training and Experience:
This position requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience; plus 5 or more years of related experience including 3 or more years of competitive analysis or consulting strongly desired.
Other requirements: Strong people and project management ability; solid organizational and written and verbal communication skills; strong critical thinking and analysis capabilities; ability to think strategically and work on multiple projects simultaneously; excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills, including ability to build rapport with clients as well as other team members. Must be an enthusiastic, high-energy team player with a dedication to excellence, and a positive attitude.
If you are interested, please send your CV or Resume to Protected content along with a short note about why you think you are a good fit.
Proactive Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.