NOW HIRING: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Grassroots Solutions is seeking candidates to fill a new Senior Project Manager position, to be based in either our Washington, DC or Minneapolis, MN offices.
The Firm and the Opportunity
Established in Protected content , Grassroots Solutions was one of the first full-service grassroots consulting firms to open for business in the United States ( Protected content ). Now fourteen years old and with more than thirty employees, the firm is based in Minneapolis, MN, with offices in Washington, DC, New York, NY and Portland, ME. The Grassroots Solutions team specializes in supporting grassroots and grasstops organizing in the contexts of community engagement strategies, issue and policy advocacy, electoral campaigns, and corporate communications and advocacy.
Grassroots Solutions is looking to hire a seasoned project manager and strategic thinker to help manage and ensure the excellence of the firm’s client service. Working with one of the firm’s principals a project team, you will manage clients across all of the firm’s service lines – strategy and planning, electoral campaigns and issue advocacy, organizing and engagement, training and evaluation.
Grassroots Solutions is growing, and this position provides an ambitious professional with the opportunity to play a key role in building upon the firm’s record of excellence and expanding its business into new sectors. These positions are intended to be on a growth track to firm leadership.
Ensure the highest quality of client projects from conceptualization to delivery
Ensure that client relationships and expectations are being appropriately managed up and down the client team
Cultivate and expand business for the firm
Supervise, mentor and provide professional development opportunities for direct reports
Participate in firm wide events, contribute to firm wide learning about best practices and innovations, and adopt and support all internal policies and procedures
You’re people oriented
• Strong background in organizing or engagement strategies and tactics, with a deep understanding of engagement best practices
• Demonstrable experience cultivating productive relationships, among colleagues as well as peers outside your immediate business
• Outstanding communications skills, both written and verbal
• Relaxed sense of humor
You have an excellent track record
• Minimum of 5 – 7 years of professional experience in either a nonprofit, electoral, foundation, or related setting
• A demonstrable record of successful project management
• A mix of electoral, advocacy, or nonprofit experience preferred
• Employee supervision experience
• Experience with client, vendor, or grantee management preferred
You’re a strategic thinker
• Experience navigating and finding solid ground in complex organizational settings or political contexts
• Demonstrated experience with program or campaign planning and evaluation
• Experience starting up new initiatives preferred
• “Hands on” strategic orientation to solving problems or creating new solutions
To Apply: email your resume and cover letter to Alisha Heller, Protected content , with “Senior Project Manager” as the subject line.