Join now

Looking for work outside of English teaching (Montevideo)

I've been teaching English in Montevideo for a year and a half, with ten years of experience and I possess a Uruguayan cédula de identidad, but I would like to expand my professional and personal development and gain job experience in a different role.

I'm educated with a BA in political science and an MA and MPhil in (Eurpean and British history).

I have work experience as an academic writer (in English... I have a portfolio I can show of my work). I have previously worked as a medical secretary and as an Executive to a director and the company lawyer for an NGO based in the UK. I would be good at developing in-house training programmes for HR department.

English is my native language, but I have a Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (Level B2), but would be willing to take the C1 test to improve my job prospects.

I would like to work in administration, but I have (academic) writing skills and professional experience, Spanish => English translation skills, and I have helped Uruguayan professionals writing their CVs in Spanish.

I have been a working resident of the UK, China, Chile and Uruguay, so I work well with different cultures and in multicultural environments.

Could anyone tell me if it's worth visiting a Uruguayan HR company with my CV and asking them for help?

My Spanish is good enough to work in an office in Spanish, answer the phone, attend meetings and write emails.

I would be able to travel.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Montevideo Forum