Join now

Meeting up for a good cause? (Montevideo)

Hello you all!

I hope you are doing well despite this harsh winter that has just started. Since we still lack of an Ambassador, I allow myself to make a proposition of my own: to go out for some good food and drinks AND a good cause this week.

As there is no need to further explain the first part of the idea, let me say a few words about the good cause: some of my colleagues and I are doing a fundraising campaign in order to support CEPRODIH ( Protected content ), an Uruguayan NGO that helps homeless pregnant women and women with young children, particularly during tough winter and summer times. There are 2 ways to help: 1) by buying one or more $ Protected content pesos) tickets for a raffle for 2 round-trip tickets to Buenos Aires + a 1-night stay for 2 at a 3-star hotel there (ALL proceeds will go to the NGO since we got the prize from our travel agency), and 2) by bringing warm clothes and coats that you don't wear anymore (for women, children or even men, since they will easily find someone in the need, even beyond their direct target population).

In order to try to make things simple, though not necessarily democratic, I would suggest that we meet this Thursday from 8 p.m. However, all suggestions are welcome as for the meeting point, so that you won't say I'm really tyrannical... :)

So, anyone in??
Needless to say: there is no pressure at all to donate, so if you just want to come and have a good time, that will be perfect too!

PS: Of course, this is meant to be an easy way to contribute, but if you prefer donating to the NGO directly by yourself it will also be greatly appreciated!

Montevideo Forum

Our Global Partners