Join now

Planning to Move to Uruguay in 2014 - Seeking Job (Montevideo)

Hi Everyone. My wife and I are considering moving from Washington, DC to Montevideo (or nearby) in early Protected content . We wanted to start the process of investigating housing and job opportunities early, though, and that's what brings us to this group.

Based on my preliminary research, it seems that it is somewhat difficult to acquire work in Uruguay, as one has to establish residence. Am I interpreting this incorrectly? We don't work for multi-nationals, so we would essentially be seeking employment when we get to Uruguay. Does anyone have any advice on how two Americans (I have EU membership through France and Chilean citizenship, as well, if that might make a difference) should start searching for employment? The one place that my wife would be most well-suited for is The American School of Montevideo. Does anyone know about employment opportunities there? We were thinking of reaching out to someone in the administration itself, but figured maybe I could start here.

Thanks for allowing me to join the group. We're excited about the prospect of moving to Uruguay and look forward to hitting the ground running!