Join now

Can I afford to live in Montpellier?

I'm due to retire at the end of this year and have my heart set on spending at least a few years living in Europe. The more I research, the more I am drawn to Montpellier...sounds like the perfect place for me: good climate, walkable city; history, art and architecture, near the sea, what more could a girl ask?

Well I guess she could ask for an affordable apartment. I've been looking at as many real estate/ rental sites as possible and I'm getting a bit worried about whether I can afford the life I want in Montpellier.

Minimum requirements: Protected content . meters, 2br (or one with a loft, alcove or other sleeping possibility for a guest), modern fitted kitchen and renovated bathroom, building in a safe, attractive neighborhood, preferbly with some history and charm , easy to walk to shops, cafes, etc. air conditioning, Can anyone hazard an estimate on the likely rent (furtnished or unfurnished) for such a place on a long-term let? Given what seems to be a dearth of available apartments, will I find any place?

Montpellier Forum

Our Global Partners