Join now

Relocating to Montpellier

Hello Everyone,

After much consideration, I have decided to relocate to Montpellier, with arrival estimated for the 25th May Protected content . It seems to have the lifestyle I am searching.

Key problems are that I know no one there and am doing this on a shoe-string budget. I understand more French that I can speak. I am a quick learner and believe I will learn and be able to apply, at a reasonable rate.

I was hoping you may be able to provide some information, which may help this transition, and potentially suggest any group meets, which will help me during this transition.

Also, as mentioned, I am doing this on a shoe-string budget and would be very grateful if you may point me in the direction of acquiring work. I studied and worked as an Architect, and later in my career as a Property Developer/Project Manager, which has given me a good knowledge base of the property and construction industry. But I understand without a fluent knowledge of French it will be difficult to enter back into this industry. I have also worked as a general laborer, roofer, cleaner and in several bars and restaurants, including as a cocktail bartender with some flair skills.

Thank you for your help.